Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Things to try






Many coaches argue whether kettlebells or barbells are better. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Why not take advantage and combine them? If you have access to both, try this for explosive power.






Try super setting the same exercise with each tool for three rounds. For example:



1.Kettlebell snatch x 3 followed immediately by barbell snatches x 3






2.kettlebell cleans x 3 followed immediately by barbell cleans x 3






3.kettlebell high pulls x 3 followed immediately by barbell high pulls x 3






for power endurance:






1.barbell snatches x 5 followed by high rep kettlebell snatches(15-20)



rest 60-90 seconds between rounds do as many rounds as you can in 15 minutes






take a 4-5 minute rest then proceed to circuit 2






2. barbell power cleans x 5 followed by ketllebell high pulls x 20



same rest periods as above. Again for 15 minutes the goal here is to race the clock.






Simple yet effective. Man up and get to work

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI... Katherine Heigl and Jennifer Love Hewitt both use kettlebells with their trainers. You heard it hear first and I read it in Us Weekly. i may be shallow, but at least I still READ!

Random Fun Fact:

I tried to imitate the snatch grab moves last night using laundry detergent. Mike thought it was funny. I thought, "Good lord this shit is heavy as hell... how does Trevor lift the water cooler?"

and that is why I keep up with your blogs. Inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

I can attest, she did the laundry detergent grab & she rocked it... Yes, I thought it was funny but at least she didn't laugh (too hard) at me lugging the other groceries in.... It's a work in progress.

Like MJ said "your blog inspires"

Trevor Jaffe said...

Everybody starts somewhere. Add in burpees and you have a good combo. Now did the dj put away the groceries too?

Anonymous said...

I did put away the groceries as well, but I made sure to flex everytime I took something out of the bag..... Especially the laundry detergent;)